All Star Player Selection Process
- Each manager evaluates all players on his or her team and sends the evaluations to the Player Agent for the division. Included in this evaluation is a list of players that the manager is recommending for All Star consideration.
- Managers check with the parents of All Star candidates to determine the player's availability for All Star tournament games. Player availability is a key consideration in the selection of the players for the team.
- Managers meet with the Player Agent and the league's All Star Committee to rank the players who are eligible for the All Star team. The committee includes the league President, Executive VP and VP of Baseball or Softball.
- The players are selected for the All Star team by the team manager in consultation with the All Star committee, based on the player rankings.
- The All Star manager calls the players who were selected for the team to confirm each player's availability and commitment to fulfill all obligations of team members. Players must attend daily practices and parents must commit to volunteer their time to help the league host All Star games. If any selected player is unable to fully commit to the team, the next highest ranked player on the ranking list is called.
All Star Manager Selection Process
In early May coaches in each division with an all-star age team are asked if they want to volunteer to manage the all-star team for their age group. The list of those who volunteer will be sent back to the coaches in the division for them to vote on a manager. That list will be given to the All-Star committee to make a final decision on the manager. Once the players are selected the All-Star committee and manager will select 2 coaches.
Qualifications to manage include but are not limited to:
- Availability to run multiple practices during the week (generally at 6pm)
- Availability to attend all games throughout tournament (dates TBD late June through July)
- Willing to manage team whether their child is on the team or not
Manager & Coaches Hosting Responsibilities - Outline